Welcome to the very first Art Journal Challenge in ScrapBird forum. I’m so glad you’re joining me in this adventure because that is what I hope it will be. An adventure in which you feel free to explore and try new things.
Often the hardest thing with something new is getting started. The book ‚Digital Art Wonderland’ by Angi Sullins & Silas Tobell makes the following suggestions for starting an art journal page.
Start with an emotion or intention
– use mood/atmosphere
– move elements around until you have the right feel
– the page may be verbal (with words) or nonverbal (images only)
– have a sense of adventure
To help us get started Marzena (Mamrotka Designs) has very kindly provided a starter kit:
– Create an Art Journal Page
– You don’t have to use the starter kit but it’s a good place to start and then let things evolve from there.
– No rules. No Pressure. Just Play.
DUE DATE: Jan 11
GALLERY: Art Journal Challenge Gallery
Please use appropriate credits for any products you use.
Feel free to discuss the assignment for the week or ask any questions in this thread.